Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mom of the Year?

Do you ever get that feeling, "Hey, I'm not a mom of the year?"? I have had this feeling all week. As I look at my sons, one running around in his diaper with some questionable dirt on his face and the other one prancing around in a tshirt and boxer briefs, I think, "Do all moms dress their kids first thing in the morning?". I wonder if my ways of raising my four young-uns is very different. I guess my kids are average/normal and our family is your typical American family. I have many flaws as a mom though. Yes, it's hard to believe with all my mad domestic skills that I struggle with mommyhood. Sad, but true!! I really thought it would be easy to raise kids, I mean how hard could it really be? These little people need EVERYTHING!!! My days are non-stop. Running here, going there, honestly it's exhausting. I loose my temper so easily that I think, "Gosh, I would hate that person who yelled at me on a daily basis.". I sometimes tune my kids out, I know they are talking to me but I pretend that I hear nothing. I don't always pay attention and miss mess-ups that could have easily been avoided. Like when you see your youngest eating something and you know that breakfast was 2 hours ago and lunch has not been made yet. You ask, "What are you eating?". He replies, "Eggs, from the trash.". Pure delight in his voice because he has successfully made his own lunch. These are my flaws!! I feel like sometimes this is all anyone can see of me. Like a wear a sign listing them all. But then, there are the ones who truly matter, my children. They look at me and see love, they look past all my mess-ups and love me unconditionally. In their eyes I am Mom of the Year. Isn't that all that matters? Yes, it is.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

The longer I'm a parent, the more I figure out how bad I can mess up as a parent! :-) You're a great mom!

ElisabethCS said...

You are an amazing mom! But your post made me laugh...and it reminded me of many of my mornings. So you're not alone my old friend!

Stefany T said...

Being a mom is so hard. I try really, really hard to not get down on myself but it is difficult at times. You are right though... all that matters is what my babies think and they think I am the BEST! :)