Thursday, January 28, 2010

Creating A Routine- That Even I Can Stick To

Being a mom is not an easy task. Being a stay at home mom is a little harder. All the things that come with this: taking care of kids, cleaning, laundry, cooking, making time for your family, and still keeping yourself together. Making mommyhood look like a breeze is the task. Finding time for yourself is sometimes impossible. You can easily loose yourself in your everyday activities and then it snowballs; you may think, "Look at me, what happend?" or "I know I've carried babies, but did my body stretch this much?" I look at my husband and he has pretty much remained the same throughout our marriage, however, I can not say the same for myself. Many times I have tried to create a good routine for loosing weight. Sadly, I never stick to it. I make excuses and just fall into being lazy. My problem is, I am not a fitness guru. I have no idea what to do in a gym. What areas to target? How many calories I need to burn in a day? So now, I think I have found it!! I knew that I needed to change gyms and find a place where I wasn't embarrassed and most importantly, I needed a buddy!! Someone to be accountable to. Well, the Lord has sent me 2 workout buddies!! So I never have an excuse not to go. If one girl can't go then the other can. So it works out!! Also, I have been taking as many classes that I possibly can. I may look ridiculous, but gosh darnit I have to start somewhere, right? For the past three weeks I have maintained a routine of going to the gym 3 to 4 times a week. Last night was a huge milestone, I spent 2 hours there and did 2 different classes. Chi Ball, freakin' made me sweat like a grown man! Then, Yoga; good for stretching and balance. I totally needed that after the chi ball class. So I am proud of myself!! I feel good that I have set an attainable goal for myself. I feel like Carrie again and not just a mom and wife. It really feels amazing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so good and so true!! i am so proud of you! I am doing the same trying to find me again!!! Not that I have been totally lost just that maybe this one ate the other one!!!! I am going to give it my all and get back to being me. Staying home is overwhelming to say the least. This past week i have felt like getting a full time job and putting the babies in daycare! But then I take a deep breath have a snack and I feel a little better. Love you and miss you and the kids so much