Monday, February 15, 2010

Oh the things that shock me!!

My little boy Joshua is always doing or saying something to make my mouth drop. Today was no exception. I had just laid Wyatt down for a nap and decided that I would check my facebook. I hear Josh talking to me so I looked over to see him standing in the kitchen, hands on his hips, and Spongebob underwear around his ankles. He says, "Mom, (sighs) I just pooped on the floor." My jaw dropped, I asked in surprise, "What? What did you just say?" He says, "I'm really sorry to tell you this, but I just pooped on the bathroom floor." He is very monotone, no shock or surprise in his voice at what he just did, he's very calm. He then says, "Come with me; I'll show you." I stand up, still kind of like, surely he just pooped a little bit and it's no big deal. Josh is hopping down the hall with spongebob still around his ankles. I didn't even think to tell him to pull his pants up, I was just kind if preparing myself for what I was about to see. I walked in the bathroom and just couldn't believe my eyes. My son, who has been potty trained for two whole years now, fully went to the bathroom on the floor!!! He stood there beside me and says, "Mom, I'm really sorry about this." I just told him to go in the living room, I had to figure out how I was going to do this without throwing up. He says, "Mom, I really need to wipe myself." I motioned to the toilet paper and he proceeds to take about half the roll. That was the least of my problems. I grabbed a towel and covered my face and cleaned it up. Josh and his kind self pointed out all the spots I missed. I couldn't figure out why he would have done that. I mean, what made him think that was a good idea? After about 30 minutes I asked him, "Why in the world did you do that?" He says, "I guess I got too busy playing and I couldn't hold it any longer." Totally not cool!!!

No comments: