Friday, October 10, 2008

Nate's Mutt!!!

That's what he is now, I wash my hands of that dog!! He is trouble for me, a newborn baby is not this much work. I have realized now, that I am not a pet person; dog, cat, bird, fish, whatever!! I would love nothing more than for Marley to get a wild hair and run away. I know that's harsh, but for real, I am tired of taking care of this animal. I almost had him gone, a couple of weeks ago I noticed that he chewed a hole in the hallway wall. It was at a corner, so it is very noticable. I was livid, to say the least. I think he spent the rest of the day in his cage. I called Nate and told him that the dog has to go, he was eating the house from underneath us. Nate came home and said something about, he's a puppy, yada, yada, yada. I don't care what he is, there is a piece of my wall missing. So then, to me, it seemed that Nate really didn't care about the house, but he assures me that's not the case. So since then, I have noticed another corner chewed off, in the kitchen this time. That is where I was told to keep "the thorn in my side". We have gates blocking the entries to the kitchen to corral "the spawn of Satan". I mean at the rate he is chewing this house, we could be homeless by next week, but at least we would still have the dog. Wyatt has taken a liking to Marley's food now, as well. With four kids in this house you never know who opens the gates and then Wyatt gets in and, well, dines in the dogs bowl. So then it is my duty to clean out the dog food from his teeth, seriously gross!! I have set up a little play area in the garage for the kids. It has been so nice outside that it stays pretty cool out there, plus I get a few minutes to myself. Well, today Marley was out there with the kids, Josh comes running in and tells me that the dog pooped in the garage. I had to rope off the area and threaten children if they went near it. You have to know that I HATE cleaning dog poop. I had a mask on my face and a whole roll of paper towels in my hand. Then the dry heaves broke out, but this time vomit followed. So I am done with this dog. It's either him or me!!

No comments: