Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekend and Girl Scout Fun

Today, Aliya and I, went hiking with her girl scout troop. It was a totally awesome day, the weather was nice and cool. It really couldn't have been better. I actually felt really good being outdoors, I think that girl scouts really agrees with me. When I was younger my family went camping a couple of times, from what I can remember, it was fun. So now as an adult I get to experience camping with my kids. We are going on a family campout, with the troop, in a couple of weeks. I am so looking forward to it. I feel so blessed that we found this troop, they are really a great bunch of girls. I have formed some amazing relationships with all the mothers, plus they are all around my age so that makes things mesh well. I think that I get more excited than Aliya when it comes time for camping and outings. I felt like a pro out there today, in nature. I even touched a bug, a little creepy, but not too bad. I was a little sweaty, and didn't even mind so much. At one point a wasp landed on my arm and I didn't freak out. I am growing by leaps and bounds people!!! Oh yeah, Aliya did awesome too. I don't have any pictures, my camera does not have batteries. Unfortunate, I know. I really need a picture to show how outdoorsy I was. I'll have it on our camping adventure, that should hold enough brave moments. Anyway, my body is really aching now that I have had time to rest, plus I am really tired now too. The weekend is not over yet, though.

We are going to the fair Monday with my parents. It is going to be so much fun!! I love the state fair. One of the girls favorite Disney singers is going to be out there, so we will have to go and hear her sing. They are super excited.

More blog after the fair.

No comments: