Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's about that time...

My children are growing so rapidly that I thought that I would give a few updates on each one. Everyday is full of its ups and downs. I am entitled to, at least, one emotional break-down. The good always out weighs the bad!! My kids are my greatest joy. There are days, though, that if you peeked in my window you would not think of me as a top notch mom. Still, my kids love me in spite of all that. I am so proud of Aliya, Zaynah, Josh, and Wyatt. They have shown me that life can be fun and that it's okay to just sit back and watch SpongeBob. Here's what's up with my munchkins.

Aliya ~ Can not keep the child in clothes!!! Her growth spurts have growth spurts. She is getting so tall and she is really coming into her own. She definitely has older child syndrom. She is very bossy and nosey. Thinks that she has to be in every adult conversation that I have. She is too smart for her own good. Her school is getting ready to test her for the Gifted and Talented classes. She is the only kid in her 1st grade class that reads to the entire class. Her teacher is afraid that she gets bored. That's what the GT classes are for, just to up her game a bit. Her reading has completely exceeded my expectations. She always has a book in her hand, whether she is reading it herself or reading to her brothers and sister. She is such a big help to me. She is quite the young lady. Aliya is in Brownies now and loving every minute of it. I was looking at her just the other day and I could not believe that just a short seven years ago she was so tiny and helpless. Now, sometimes, I don't even think that she needs me anymore. Then she will surprise me and work her way into my arms and whisper, I love you!! I get very emotional with Aliya the most. She is my first and there is a bond between us. I love all my kids, but I find myself wishing that I could have her as a newborn just one more day. She is the only one that I can't remember much about her infancy stage. Aliya makes me so proud to be a mommy, she fills my heart with such awe and wonder. I amazed by her!!

Zaynah ~ Not so much OCD anymore. Still a little whiny, but is working it out. She is loving kindergarten!! She has completely come out of her shell and is Miss Personality now. She still fights for her place here at home, or should I say kicks, pushes, throws down the hall. Whatever she has to do to survive. She is still very sensetive, but I think that's just in her make. She wants to be reminded daily that she is MY baby girl. Zaynah will do things out of the blue, like make her bed, clean the bathroom, without being asked. She is really trying to come out of her baby stage, she even lost her first tooth. She is starting to read and really doing well. Zaynah will always need me, she is a homebody. She is the most precious little girl. We get told regularly how genuinly beautiful Zaynah is. Zaynah captured my heart from the moment she was born, I was so taken by her beauty. She will always hold a special place in my heart.

Joshua ~ I don't know where to begin. Josh is pretty much still the same. Very mischevious and getting into everything. He surprises me everyday with what he can make into messes. I believe it is an art form that he has pefected. Josh has a very tender side that makes you forget what mischief he has caused a few seconds earlier. It is HIS antics that makes our family laugh an uncontrolable laugh. He says the funniest things, but from him it's real. He is not just saying it for attention, he really means it. When he misbehaves he is that kid that is truly sorry for his actions, not because he wants off the hook, but because he has true remorse. He is a cuddler and he loves his mommy :) He is exactly what I prayed for almost 4 years ago, he IS my answer to a prayer. I am so lucky to have Josh in my life. His love is so pure and unconditional, he is such a blessing. He is the love of my life!!
Wyatt ~ my angel baby boy!!! He is my unexpected blessing. God truly knew that I needed him. He feels me with joy every moment of everyday. Ask anyone that knows him and they will tell you that Wyatt is the most calm, laid back, go with the flow baby. His smile is contagious. He is starting to say a couple of words now. About a few months ago he muttered words that sounded like "karate" and "Jesus", but we have not heard those since. He says the usual: mama, dada, hi, hi(bye), baba, and bite. Today he said "ta too" which we all know was thank you. Wyatt can cut a rug, he shakes his groove thing daily. He has started his dare-devil stage. He is testing his boundries. He has tasted the wrath of mommy and oh was it bitter. This year with Wyatt was a blink of an eye. Very bittersweet for me, but a wonderful end to such an amazing journey.
So that's it. My four kiddos, in all their glory. Nate and I are so unbelieveably blessed. I thank God every day for choosing me to be their mommy. What a privilage and honor. They are four amazing kids!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet Carrie! You are a Mommy I look up to. I love ya girl.

Marisa said...

Loved reading this! So sweet! :-)