Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good-bye 2008, Hello 2009!!

It's been awhile since I've blogged. I guess being a mommy has kept me pretty busy. My gosh, so much has gone on over the past few months. Christmas, New Years, December, January. A lot!! Well, I guess I can fill in the months happenings. December was fun!! The kids were only in school for 2 weeks and then it was Christmas break. It really seemed that the holidays came so quick this time. When you are little it seems that Christmas could not get here fast enough, but once you acquire bills then each Christmas is here in a matter of days. The kids had a blast!! This Christmas was the best by far. I love seeing my kids' faces when they see what they asked Santa for right under the tree. It's glorious. Forgive our excuse for a tree, but when you have a 1 year old and dog then ornaments can only be put half way up the tree. Anyway, Santa brought the girls a Wii, Josh a Thomas the Train bike, and Wyatt a little boy tee ball thing (it makes noise, that's all he cared about). I thought Aliya was going to come out of her skin when she saw the Wii. She was so worried that Santa would forget. Seeing all four of my kids enjoy Christmas, was a perfect ending to 2008.




New Year's was a good time!! We had dinner at my parents house with all the family, including some college friends. My girls spent the night with my Granny, so all Nate and I had were the boys. We all stayed up to bring in the New Year and I made a toast, well actually a declaration. It went, "In the words of the prostitute on Forrest Gump, 'It's a New Year, we can start all over.'". My mom was not too thrilled with my "toast". We all crashed after that. 2009 will be a good year. This is actually a year that I should have another baby. I have had a child in every odd year since 2001. So in honor of this odd year, instead of getting round and pregnant, I am going to get thin and not pregnant. So by the end of this year I will hit a milestone by not "birthing no babies". This year Zaynah turns 6, Josh turns 4 (watch out world!!), Aliya turns 8 (very hard for me to type that), and my little baby boy Wyatt turns 2. This is the year that I have been married to my love for 10 years. This is the year that I hold my twin nieces for the first time. This is the year that I go on a family vacation with my whole family (the Sacys). This is the year that I loose 20 pounds (again). This is the year that Aliya and Zaynah will be in all day school. This is the year that I turn 32 and not look back. This is OUR year!!!

What a great ending to 2008 and a beautiful beginning to 2009. It's gonna be a good one!!!

No comments: