Monday, October 12, 2009

Why Joshua, why??

Joshua, my four year old, can really test my patience sometimes. He is ALL boy. Into everything and making mess along the way. He is very clever though. So clever that sometimes it is hard for me to believe he is only four. The things that he does and the things that he says, really surprises me. I haven't blogged about his antics in awhile, so I thought today would be a good day.

Story #1:

We were waiting in the car to get Aliya and Zaynah from school, when low and behold, Josh has to pee. No surprise there, as he needs to pee anywhere and everywhere we go. I usually make him go before we leave the house, but at this particular time we were running late. I tell him we are no where near a bathroom, so he's just gonna have to hold it and wait until we get home. Seriously guys 15 minutes tops!! Anyway, he continues to whine at how bad he has to go and how he can't hold it, how, in his words, "I'm going to burst!!!"(Josh is an over-actor). I'm not a bad mother, I know this child all too well; he was not going to burst, he just wanted to find the nearest bathroom so he could inspect every inch of it. I listened to his ranting for about 5 min when I heard something new. It started out as a drip, drip; moved on to a tinkle, tinkle; and then to a full down pour. I flew out of the drivers seat, turned around just as Josh was coming from behind the middle row of seats. Pants around his ankles and a play dough cup full of pee. "See mom, I told you I had to pee!!!"

Story #2:

I was lying on the couch watching a movie while Wyatt had his afternoon nap. Josh was playing on the computer and then moved over to me, I guess to annoy me. Jumping on me, climbing on me, whatever he could do to distract me from my movie and move my attention to him. He then gets this look on his face like he is thinking about something, then with all seriousness looks to me and says, "Mom, I wish I were a girl". What in the world!!!! Okay, I had to respond to this without the shock in my voice as I was feeling in my gut. "Josh, why do you want to be a girl? You're such an awesome boy!! Daddy's a boy, Papa's a boy, Jeddo's a boy. Boys play baseball and football." I was trying to think of everything to say to him, but he had such a serious face on him. "You don't want to be a girl, girls are boring! What can girls do that would make you want to be one?" He looked me dead on and said, "Girls can drink coffee".

He makes me laugh!!!

No comments: